Johansen said this had not deterred her
New Topic   ·   Post Reply   ·   Subscribe   ·   Permalink   ·   RSS Feed

Quote · 586 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Johansen said the particular success of FC Johansen provided her the confidence to perform for president with the Sierra Leone Sports Association in 2013, winning the submit and vowing to bring discipline, sanity and also integrity to sports in her region.

"(Football) was never a job option, " Johansen mentioned. "I didn't notice myself coming and plenty of people didn't notice me coming.. and the ones that did thought it absolutely was a big ruse. "

Over the years she's got faced verbal and also physical abuse when planning on taking such a visible role in a hobby dominated by men and in the country where sexism will be rife. Her 18-year-old son has received to endure related abuse on social media marketing, she said.

But Johansen said this had not deterred her coming from her FIFA 16 XBOX Coins task regarding leading football inside Sierra Leone where she's got tried to handle mismanagement and corruption at once.

"Sexism plays a big part but it really is good governance that we am driving plus it makes it work being a girl, " she mentioned.

Johansen said the lady hoped getting a lot more women into leadership roles in public areas and private areas would inspire a fresh generation of women understanding that she personally would have been a role model regarding other women to look into football government.2l3k489

"The power regarding football to crack barriers is massive, " she mentioned. "We have to attempt to elevate our young girls to a position both mentally and physically from the power of sports. "

Forums