V Belt Supply cement will work OK
New Topic   ·   Post Reply   ·   Subscribe   ·   Permalink   ·   RSS Feed

Quote · 95 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Rubber belts can be made from rubber strips glued end-to-end. V Belt Supply cement will work OK. Much better is the glue used in innertube tire repair kits (bicycle shops have this.) Note that this glue has toxic fumes and probably shouldn't be used by kids except with adult supervision. I've heard that cyanoacrylate "crazy glue" works well, but have not tried it myself yet.

Very thinbelt material doesn't require feathering, but it's less sturdy. Belts made of thin balloon-rubber have a limited lifetime because the ozone and nitrides being generated by the corona-combs will attack the rubber chemically, making it brittle so it becomes full of holes.

Rubber belts can be made from rubber strips glued end-to-end. V Ribbed Belt cement will work OK. Much better is the glue used in innertube tire repair kits (bicycle shops have this.) Note that this glue has toxic fumes and probably shouldn't be used by kids except with adult supervision. I've heard that cyanoacrylate "crazy glue" works well, but have not tried it myself yet.

Forums