The Baltimore Orioles have agreed to a Minor League contract with Brian Duensing.
The 33-year-old reliever opted out of a deal with the Kansas City Royals on May 15. He'll report to Triple-A Norfolk.
Duensing is a former first-round pick of the Minnesota Twins.
Web Hosting for Startups Web Hosting for Startups June 5 Kyler Fackrell Packers Jersey , 2012 | Author: Gregory Trune | Posted in Computers
If you are taking the step into heading onto the World Wide Web for the first time, hosting a website for a business or perhaps you wish to impart your knowledge with the world, there are many things to be aware of. The World Wide Web has seen a huge surge in demand in recent years and it is impossible to contemplate running a business without having an online presence. There are so many things that a firm must have in place when they try to develop a new business and they include the infrastructure, sales and promotional and marketing activities. It is quite common for a new firm to have an extremely tight budget and this forces a firm to create and hot their own websites that provide value for money and great efficiency.
There is no doubt that the website of a firm has a large part to play in generating interest in potential customers, announcing the power of the company to the world, generate traffic to the site and place itself firmly in front of a specialized market. Of course, if your firm is only based on the internet then it is imperative that there is a priority to place your website on the internet.
There are many web hosting companies that offer special packages for the startups. The web hosting packages offered by them are designed keeping in mind the requirements of a new business and of those wanting to share knowledge. The SEO experts of these companies are specially to provide you with potentially strong techniques to drive traffic into your website
The process that startups should undertake for Web Hosting:
It isn’t necessarily easy for a first time website host but there are some guidelines that can be followed to make the startup process simpler. These tips should be followed to make the process of selecting a web host company easier.
* The first task should always be to search the internet and obtain as many price quotes as possible firm companies who offer web hosting services for new firms.
* Choose the one that best meets your budget and your requirements. Undertake a full search of what they offer, what their background is and if there are any other features. Compare this to some of the other sites you have seen.
Apply online – fill up the online form and provide it with all the required information like Name, Address, Country, Credit Card details etc.
* Wait for approval from the firm which may take a number of days.
* Wait for the official confirmation and having a hosting account set up for you and then go about hosting your very own website on the World Wide Web.
What goes into a Startup package provided by Web Hosts?
There is a growing number of firms who provide startup packages with the new website owners in mind. These new owners may be businesses or they may bloggers. The new owners don’t usually have high demands or expectations but they also usually have a limited budget. These are the key factors that the web hosting companies keep in mind when they offer startup packages.
Features in a Web Hosting Startup package:
There are a number of common occurrences which a web host may offer in a package designed for a new startup company although the actual offer may differ between different sites.
* Web Management system – This will include a base amount of between 20MB and 50MB disk storage space. It should also include a minimum of 10GB each month for data transfers, the ability to have complete FTP and anonymous FTP access. In addition to these services, there should also be the provision of Static IP Address and Secure Server (SSL) Transaction Encryption.
* Email Features – Every startup site needs to have these facilities. The standard benefits of these packages include having about 10 email accounts (configured to POPWeb), the ability to have email aliases and provide forwarding facilities. Other email features can include PGP Encryption Jason Spriggs Packers Jersey , Personal SMTP Mail Server and the ability to use Email Auto Responders.
E-Commerce – A standard Web Hosting service for startups includes PHP4 Server-side Scripting, SSH – Secure Shell, Server Side Includes (SSI) and Password Protected Directories.
* Technical Support – Most new customers require the facility of 24 hour support, which can be offered through ticket support and it is common for firms to state they guarantee 99.9% uptime each year.
* Website Monitoring – To monitor the activity of your website, many firms offer Daily Data Backups, access to downloadable Raw Access Logs and the use of Wusage 7.0 Graphical Statistics.
* Additional Software – Some users may find their package also contains other software such as Web Based Control Panel or an increased level of support for FrontPage Extensions..
* Hardware & Network – There are many different offerings that firms may provide in a startup package but they can include Dual-1 Ghz Pentium IV Servers, Apache Server Software, 10-T1, Custom Red Hat Server and 1-OC3 Network Connectivity in addition to Uninterruptible Power.
Advanced Features – Many of the startup package these days come with the advanced features which includes CGI Bin, Custom MIME Types, Unix Shells: bash, csh, tsh, Perl Kenny Clark Packers Jersey , C, C++, Java JDK, Python & TCL Compilers, Emacs 20.4, Pine, vi, elm, Joe, Pico & Cron Tab, .htaccess, Custom Error Documents and 30-day Money Back Service Guarantee.